Wednesday, April 20, 2011

ExPressIoN & FrEeDoM


We grow up in a society where we have freedom of speech. Not only freedom of speech but the way to grow up. To show off who we are without anyone being able to tell you that you are wrong. I know that freedom of speech can be taken to the extreme and here is an ex. (there is a kid who is immature and swearing in class and the teacher says that is not ok. The kid responds I have the freedom of speech.) I think freedom of speech is a good thing, but there can always be to much of a good thing some times. Don’t abuse things!!!! People abuse there rights to much sometimes and that’s why this world is so messed up.

There are good ways of expression though. For instance clothes and style are huge and everyone has there own style. I think that extreme sports are doing it right. If you look at the normal jock sports such as gold or baseball you cant change your swing and make it your own it is kind of set in a way. I mean you can argue with me about that but it’s not like extreme sports. You cant abuse the freedom of expression in a sport like skiing. There isn’t even a way I cant think of abusing the freedom we have riding and doing tricks. Even the way we dress unless you judge people on how they dress you need to get over yourself. You are a single person with your own style riding changing tricks and the way you make it your own. Not only with clothes but the way you express yourself doing the thing you love. No one can tell you anything when you are doing your thing riding. That’s why I think skiing has been such a big part of me since day one. It’s a get away. A way to be myself and ride how I want. No one can tell me that the way im riding or throwing my tricks is wrong. You make it your own. You express yourself through the way you want to see it. Its in your minds eye. No one can take that away from you. Skiing is a personal thing. Every skier has there own style when they get to that point. You put your own spin on it and change things to how you think it will look good. Greatest way to be unique and express who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment